Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by Tingo Solutions (Pty) Ltd (“Tingo”), located at Block 4, Constantia View Office Estate, 2 Hogsback Avenue, Quellerina, Johannesburg, 1709.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Tingo Account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant content and search results, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Tingo so whether you are new to Tingo or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which content or tool you’ll find most useful, the Curriculum Vitae topics that matter most to you, or which Covering Letter tips you might like.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for Tingo Mailing List. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card details to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Tingo Profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you use the CV Builder, use the Covering Letter Builder; or read, share and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Tingo may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Tingo Account.
When you use our tools or view content provided by Tingo, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as the content you view.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Tingo Account.
- location information
When you use Tingo services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you use a Tingo service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Tingo, in addition to information we obtain about you from social media partners, may be associated with your Tingo Account. When information is associated with your Tingo Account, we treat it as personal information. For more information about how you can access, manage or delete information that is associated with your Tingo Account, visit the Transparency and Choice section of this policy.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Tingo and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant content suggestions and search results.
We may use the name you provide for your Tingo Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Tingo Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Tingo Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Tingo Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a Tingo Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Tingo (such as reviews you write and comments you post) in our services. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Tingo Account.
When you contact Tingo, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored content, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Transparency and Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Tingo Account by using the Tingo Dashboard.
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your Tingo Account appears to others.
- Control who you share information with through your Tingo Account.
- Take information associated with your Tingo Account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information You Share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines and social media. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Tingo unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With Your Consent
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Tingo when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With Domain Administrators
If your Tingo Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organisation will have access to your Tingo Account information. Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding content you have viewed and downloads.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For External Processing
For Legal Reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Tingo if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Tingo, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Tingo and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt all our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your Tingo Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Tingo employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and Cooperation with Regulatory Authorities
We keep your personal information private and safe — and put you in control.
Learn more about our commitments to your privacy and security.